Thursday, April 11, 2013

Kiss Gradation Nail kits

Alrighty. So, I'm obsessed with anything dealing with fingernails. I'm always scoping out stores for interesting nail polishes and kits. Not too long back, I bought a Kiss brand Gradation nail kit in gold.





 
 
There are other colors available from the company as well, by the way. I had never done gradient polish before, and I assumed that a kit would be the best way to start out and get a feel for it. I was SO excited that I immediately did my nails right after I brought it home. Some things that I noticed were:
 
  • The colors (especially the base) go on VERY light. I had to do several coats before I was satisfied with the shade of the base coat.
  • The kit is very easy to use. All of the bottles are numbered and the kit comes with a little insert with instructions.
  • Once complete, the polish takes FOREVER to dry because of the number of coats required, and because of layering several different colors.
  • The polish IS NOT long lasting at all. I had chips in my nails the very next day. :(
  • The gradient is very subtle and it was hard to tell that it was a gradient at all. Due to the pigments being so light, the gradient is not very noticeable.
 
Even at $6-$7, I find this kit to be overpriced for the quality that you end up getting from it. The colors are pretty and it does make doing gradient a breeze, but I feel that the bad outweighs the good in this situation. I give it a score of 2 out of 5.
 
 
I will be posting pictures of this polish as soon as I can redo my nails and take some pics. Unfortunately I did not take pictures of them when I did the polish the first time around. 

No comments:

Post a Comment